Bryan Randall Shannon
Arkane Studios (Austin, TX)
Environment Artist (March 2016 - Current)
- Making stuff!
Modding (San Diego, CA)
Cities Skylines Modder - Asset creator (March 2015 - September 2015)
- Created 3D models for Cities Skylines available via Steam Workshop (free) for users.
- Designed, modeled, textured, 20+ original game ready assets.
- Successfully orchestrated a Patreon campaign to support my efforts.
Maxis / EA (Emeryville, CA)
Simcity - Assistant Artist (June 2013 – November 2014)
- Provided immediate assistance to art directors in either previs or finalization passes (whitebox and polish).
- Created high fidelity textures using Substance in conjunction with a proprietary high-poly baking system.
- Generated whitebox models and applied textures to assets using Maxis’s proprietary texturing system.
- Set dressed building scenes, rigged and set up full weight linear animation.
- Optimized and revised semi-finished outsourced LOD's including modeling and UV's.
- Actively integrated next-gen software technology pipelines with tech artists.
- Contributions to four different IP's within my first year.
Maxis / EA (Emeryville, CA)
Simcity - Associate Artist – Internship (June 2012 – August 2012)
- Concept modeling and texturing through the use of preset modular textures.
- Whitebox modeling, simple rigging, and building animations.
- Attended a 10-week lecture series led by Stone Librande on Game Design.
Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA)
Game Designer – Internship (May 2011 – August 2011)
- Designed initial concepts of a game with focus on human game theory research
- Implemented a working prototype of the game concept in to the Unreal Development Kit.
Ringling College of Art and Design, Class of 2013 (Sarasota, FL)
B.F.A. Game Art & Design
COMPUTER & ART SKILLS/TECHNIQUES
Unreal 4, VFX in Unreal Cascade, CryEngine, Autodesk Maya, Substance Designer + Substance Painter, Perforce, 3D Coat, ZBrush 4, QUIXEL suite (nDO, dDo), High poly & Low poly baking (xNormal / Substance), Prop Modeling, UV / Texturing, Set Dressing and Level Design, Unreal Development Kit (UDK), Source Development Kit (Hammer SDK), Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere, Rigging and Simple Animation.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Panelist Speaker at PAX Prime 2015 - “Modding 101: Cities Skylines”
- Modding content creations for Cities: Skylines - Notable publications produced highlighting my artistic mods created for C:S. My content matched the style of the published game while adding flare and humor when necessary. Articles published on The New Yorker, Ars-Technica, Kotaku, PCGamer, Eurogamer.net, and other gaming news websites.
- Maxis’s Star Performer - Award for outstanding performance during my internship.
- EA’s Internship Scholarship Recipient 2012 - For contributions to Maxis on Simcity 2013.
- Best of Ringling 2012 & 2011 - Real-time Environments.
Professional references available upon request